Friday, March 11, 2011

Anniversaries

I haven't written on this for a long time. Last Friday (March 4) would have been Curt's 68th birthday. Next Friday (March 18) is the day he died last year. On his birthday I walked with friends, played tennis and went to Baker's in Lake Oswego. We all went out to eat and then back to their house for dessert with Steve and Lynda Sprecher. We played Progressive Rummy with them and thought of Curt. I also made some contributions in his name that day.
On the 18th I am flying to Southern California with the Bakers. The Bogners will meet us there. We will spend 3 nights in Anaheim, 4 nights in San Diego and 1 night in Long Beach. We are going to Disneyland, Universal Studios, SeaWorld (on March 23 -Aaron's 12th birthday), Legoland and possibly the San Diego Zoo, Old Town or Seaport Village.
I have been keeping busy with my other activities too. This June I will be a lay representative to our church conference in Salem. July is Eagle Crest and my 50th high school reunion in Moline, IL.
We are still working on the columbarium plans at church. A church member has drawn up some up some good plans and is trying to get cost estimates. We meet again this Tuesday (15th) and hope to be able to present these plans to our congregation and the city in the next month or two. My hope now is that it can be built by the end of the summer.

No comments: